Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2007

Oct 5: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hei
Incredible, usually just some 5 or soe people would congrats me to my birthday (and usually it is the day where I have a lot of bad luck..). But being abroad, I get tons of congratulatory messages from all over the world, cf.:
from Singaporeans from Singapore,
from a Chinese from Singapore,
from Taiwanese from Hawaii,
from Taiwanese fromTaiwan,
from a Belgian from Belgium,
from a Philippinian from Germany,
from an Austrian from Austria,
from Swiss from Singapore,
from Swiss from Switzerland,
from an Indian from Singapore,
from a Philippinian from Singapore,
from a German from Germany
from Canadians from Canada,
from a Vietnamese American from the US
from a French from France,
from an American from the US.
from Dutch from the Netherlands.
from an American Swede from Sweden,
from a Finnish from Finland,
from a Canadian from the UK
and some others whom I unfortunately forgot to cite here (sorry, I am busy at a Business Competition at Nanyang right now...)


after my Mandarin lesson at SMU I tried go gove some feedback to a German prof here at SMU who teaches a pol. science course, then prepared some stuff for a seminar, heading back to my flat in the Woodlands, preparing my suitcase for the ABCC (the business competition at NTU, see below), taking a shower, catch the MRT to Outram (Southeast Downtownd Singapore), to embark the Train for KL (Kuala Lumpur) at 10.15pm.
This Malaysian Train station looks quite run down here in Singapore and I was one of the few white men using the train amidst a lot of Asians.
It is nice to use the overnight train to KL, you can save hostel costs, but it takes u 9 hours for a distance of about 500km or so. Insane (I guess I would be faster by bike..:-))

The real problem is, I wore (as usual here) shorts and a T-Shirt, but it is incredibly cold in the coach, so I was almost frozen, caught a cough and felt sick upon arrival in KL at 7.25am on Saturday.

Now, wednesday morning, Oct 10, 1.33am, I actually should do something for the Business Competition we're in at NTU (cf. www.abcc2007.org), but I also must do some other stuff.

I'll write about KL and the ABCC later.

ganbei

Keine Kommentare: