Dienstag, 25. September 2007

Cast my ballot - als Auslandschweizer:-)



Cool, right? I can even participate in the Swiss federal elections to the National Council (200 seats, Lower House) and select the 15 people for my constutiency (Kanton Aargau). I just got the material by mail last Friday and send my list back today.

And today was also the Mid-Autumn Festival (Sept. 25th, varies each year due to the old Chinese Mooncalendar). Actually, I had to clean the flat (ugly, moldy washroom and my room) learn, then a panel discussion (about democracy in India and China, how nice:-) and straight afterwards rushed to a diplomatic reception at the Swiss House, the business and education networking platform of the Swiss Embassy here in Singapore, with Ambassador Woker as speaker. Incredible how many people here are linked to Switzerland!
Later on I got an SMS of my Chinese friend depicting two rabbits (they are the pet of Shi, who flew to the moon, according to the legend).

Zài jiàn - gotta work

ADI

Keine Kommentare: