Mittwoch, 15. August 2007

Mo-Wed August 13-15, 2007


turtle/tortoise in the museum (it thought i'd feed him:-)


Hola - I visit the small Singaporean Art Museum (SAM), and then proceed to explore the Arab Quarter (where only one mosque lets me in with shorts..), but I get caught in another Shopping District (Bugis, this time).


Finally, I have a wonderful dinner at Newton Hawker Centre, where I experience Prati (Indian Pancake, with egg), Sati/Satay (Malay "Spiessli", meat on wooden sticks), Hainanese Chicken Rice and some other nice dishes. Pls, don't ask my about how fast my belly is growing (even though I am quite picky...).





Tue, August 14


Finally, I get to the Swiss Embassy (which is on a Road called Swiss Club Link near the Swiss Road:-) in order to become officially an expat (Auslandschweizer) which enables you to vote with absentee ballots (particularly since on Oct. 21 we get federal elections this year).


Then, I walk to the Bukit Timah Natural Reserve, which hosts one of the few originally primary rainforests that still exist in Singapore. It's fine for a visit, but except the insane humidity and some courageous monkeys you won't see any exotic stuff (or I am too ignorant for this?).





Finally, I proceed to the Chinese Gardens that host not only a bunch of Chinese-styled Pagodas, Houses etc. but also a quite bizarre but interesting Turtle Museum (they must have a couple of hundred turtles and tortoises free to visit).





The end of the day I spent at the New Asia Bar on the 71st floor of the Swiss0^tel Stamford with chatting to HSG-exchange and alumni people.

Keine Kommentare: